“[Miriam’s] expertise is so comprehensive and [she] delivers it in such a thoughtful and inspiring, and sometimes even humorous way. Those of us in the feminist, queer, and reproductive justice movements are ridiculously lucky to have [her].” -Ileana Jimenez
Miriam Zoila Pérez has extensive speaking experience, and uses an informal and conversational style to talk about a wide variety of topics.
- Cultivating Optimism in Difficult Political Times
- When Justice Has a Body: Reproductive Justice Activism in the 21st Century
- Radical Doulas and Reproductive Justice
- Feminism’s Identity Crisis: The future of the feminist movement
- Blogging for Social Change
- Social Justice as a Tool for Combating Sexual Violence (see an excerpt of this talk)
Pérez has spoken at over 60 colleges, universities and conferences around the country. View a list of past speaking engagements here. You can see a video of their keynote at the Minority Public Health Conference at UNC-CH in 2016 here.
Pérez also tours with Verónica Bayetti Flores through their podcast Radio Menea, producing events about Latinx music and life. Check out the details here.
Go here to download a two page pdf with workshop blurbs and more info about speaking engagements.
If you’re interesting in having Pérez speak at your school or organization, please get in touch.