Miriam speaking at TEDx DePaul University in April 2012. Her talk was called “Transforming Empathy.”
“[Miriam’s] expertise is so comprehensive and [she] delivers it in such a thoughtful and inspiring, and sometimes even humorous way. Those of us in the feminist, queer, and reproductive justice movements are ridiculously lucky to have [her].” -Ileana Jimenez
Miriam has extensive speaking experience, and uses an informal and conversational style to talk about a wide variety of topics.
- When Justice Has a Body: Reproductive Justice Activism in the 21st Century
- Radical Doulas and Reproductive Justice
- Queering Reproductive Justice: Why LGBTQ activists and abortion rights groups should work together
- Feminism’s Identity Crisis: The future of the feminist movement
- Blogging for Social Change
- Organizing for Reproductive Justice in Immigrant Communities
- Social Justice as a Tool for Combating Sexual Violence (see an excerpt of this talk)
Miriam has spoken at over 60 colleges, universities and conferences around the country. View a list of past speaking engagements here.
Go here to download a two page pdf with workshop blurbs and more info about speaking engagements.
If you’re interesting in having Miriam speak at your school or organization, please email her directly at miriamzperez[AT]gmail[DOT]com.